This article will explain how to publish a storage to the Vantage Ultimate Web Module, and the various options and permission settings available.
When you publish a storage to the Web Module, Vantage makes a copy of the storage to the web module’s data location. During the upload a copy of the storage is also saved to your Windows Temp folder, so ensure you have enough hard drive space in all of these locations to upload the storage.
To publish a storage to the web module:
1. Go to the Web Module tab in Vantage, and click Publish Storage on the left in the Content box
2. On the Storages page of the Publish Storage dialog select the storage(s) that you would like to upload
3. On the Publish page of the Publish Storage dialog, give your storage a name, and select the Web Module that you would like to publish the storage to.
4. On the Separation page of the Publish Storage dialog you can choose how you would like your storage to be split up. You can either publish a: (a) Single storage: this means the storage will contain all of the data. You can choose to make this storage attributed to a particular user or group for Permission settings. (b) Storage for each user: this will create a separate storage for each user in your Organization, containing only that user’s data. (c) Storage for each group: this will create a separate storage for each group in your Organization, for the grouping level you have selected from the dropdown list, containing only that group’s data. (d) Custom expression: this option allows you to create a separate storage for each item that matches a specific custom expression. This is an advanced option that may be suggested by WebSpy Support for some specific custom reporting requirements.
6. On the Permissions page of the Publish Storage dialog you can choose who has access to the storage(s). You can select to make the storage(s) available for: (a) Everybody; or (b) Specific users, where you can select one or more of the following: * Attributed user or group: this means the storage(s) will be accessible only to the user or group that the storage is about, ie the user or group who’s data is contained in the storage * Specific users or groups: this option allows you to make the storage(s) accessible to any specific user or group, for example IT Admin staff, or the CEO * Managers: if you have imported the ‘manager’ attribute in your Organization section, this option allows you to make the storage(s) accessible to the manager of the user or group that the storage is about, ie the user or group who’s data is contained in the storage. You can also select how many hierarchy levels up may have access to the storage(s)
8. On the Notification page of the Publish Storage dialog you can select to send emails to the users who have had a storage published for them. This will be sent to the email address specified for the user in your Organization section. The default email subject contains the name of the storage, and the email body contains the storage name, a URL link to the storage, and the user or group who the storage is attributed to. You can modify the subject and/or body of the email if you like.
You can also click the Email Options button to ensure your mail settings are correctly set up. If you have any problems with the emails being sent, please check out our support article on this topic for some possible resolutions.
Publishing a storage to the Web Module can also be set up to happen automatically at scheduled times using the Tasks section of Vantage.
Latest posts by Stefanie van Amerongen (see all)
- Web Module – Dynamic Employee Internet Reports - May 30, 2013
- How to Categorize Search Terms Typed Into Search Engines - May 29, 2013
- How to Report on Enterprise Storages – Vantage Guidelines - May 20, 2013